- In this privacy statement, we want to provide clear and transparent information about how we handle personal data.
- Our conduct is in line with current privacy laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
- This privacy statement applies to our website and app (hereinafter referred to as: 'Applications').
- By using our Applications, you agree to the applicability of this privacy statement.
Legal frameworks for dealing with data
We make Applications available that are mainly intended for people who are blind, have low vision, are low-literate or illiterate. These Applications make it possible for this group of people to identify different items in their environment. In addition, we develop products that can be used in combination with our Applications. The following legal frameworks apply:
- Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), as from 25 May 2018 replaced by the European Regulation; The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Implementing Law General Data Protection Regulation.
- We make Applications available that are mainly intended for people who are blind, have low vision, are low-literate or illiterate. These Applications make it possible for this group of people to identify different items in their environment. In addition, we develop products that can be used in combination with our Applications. The following legal frameworks apply:
Processing of personal data
When you use our Applications, we may process personal information about you. In addition, it is possible that your personal data is provided to us when filling out a form. We process the following personal data:
- Your IP Address
- Your first and last name
- Your address details
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your payment details
- When you use our Applications, we may process personal information about you. In addition, it is possible that your personal data is provided to us when filling out a form. We process the following personal data:
- We mainly use functional cookies. These make sure that the Applications work well and that, for example, your preferred settings are remembered.
- In addition, we use analytical cookies. These cookies help to collect statistics on the use of our Applications. This way we understand how our Applications are used and we can improve our services based on that data.
- Information we collect through cookies is processed anonymously and is not linked to other personal information.
The following third parties place cookies:
- Google Analytics. For more information, please refer to the official Google Analytics page: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html
Purposes of the data processing
- We ensure that personal data is collected and processed only for specific, expressly defined and justified purposes. Personal data is only processed with a fair basis.
- Your personal data is processed by us to make using the app as simple as possible. Your personal data can also be used to deliver and invoice ordered products to you. In addition, we may use your data to improve our services and to manage the relationship with our customers.
- In the context of our marketing activities, we keep track of general usage of the users in our Applications.
- In this context, in particular the IP address of your device, the time of retrieval and data send by your device can be registered and used for statistical analysis of the Applications’ visit and click behaviour. Data is anonymized as much as possible.
- In addition, customer information can be used to maintain the customer relationship. Examples include communicating with existing customers about new products, services, or features we offer.
- We do not store your personal data any longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the goals for which your data is collected.
- The preservation of personal data may be necessary in order to exercise the tasks properly or to comply with legal obligations.
- Your data will not be retained for more than one year if no agreement is established with you.
- Your personal data will in any case not be kept for more than 10 years.
- We carefully deal with personal data and treat it confidentially. For example, personal data is processed only by persons with a confidentiality obligation and for the purpose for which this information has been collected. We ensure the appropriate security of personal data.
- We protect the data entrusted to us by means of technical and administrative security measures to minimize the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. We do this by using, for example, firewalls, data encryption and physical and administrative access controls up to the data and servers.
- If you think that there is a misuse of data, you can contact us.
- In the case of cooperation with external parties, which involves processing of personal data, we make agreements on the requirements that must be met by the data exchange. These agreements comply with the law. We put these agreements in our register of processing.
Rights of the persons concerned
- We honor all rights of those involved as stipulated in the GDPR.
- You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You can send a request for inspection, correction or deletion to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, within at most four weeks.
- You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or any part of it) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to transfer the information provided by us to you or to transfer them directly to another party. We can ask you to legitimize yourself before we respond to the aforementioned requests.
Privacy Statement adjustments
- We reserve the right to modify our privacy statement.
- Changes will be published in our Applications.
- If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly. You can do so through the following contact information: Speechlabel B.V., Roomweg 79, 7523 BL, in Enschede, The Netherlands, e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: +31 88 374 8900
- In addition, you have the right to file a complaint with the authority personal data, the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.